Re: [platform-releng-dev] Builds Extremely Delayed

Shall we put the M-builds on hold until we have a decent M3 candidate ?

Kim Moir <Kim_Moir@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-releng-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/28/2008 02:21 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse platform release engineering list."        <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse platform release engineering list." <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [platform-releng-dev] Builds Extremely Delayed

It looks like there are two issues

-CVS checkouts are taking a long time (Five hours instead of one)

-The signing process at eclipse.org is taking a long time.

These two symptoms make me think that our network utilization is probably maxed out.  Looking at our network utilization graph with Jenn, it appears that this is indeed the case.  She is following up with our network support team.  I suspect that the root  cause is that one of our product teams was shipping their release to another lab yesterday and this consumed most of the bandwidth.

Kim

Philippe P Mulet <philippe_mulet@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-releng-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/28/2008 07:12 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse platform release engineering list."        <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse platform release engineering list." <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [platform-releng-dev] Builds Extremely Delayed

Yes, this worries me too; especially with more M builds coming soon into play.

Kim - can you explain what is going on ?

Daniel Megert <daniel_megert@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-releng-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/28/2008 11:44 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse platform release engineering list."        <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse platform release engineering list." <platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[platform-releng-dev] Builds Extremely Delayed

Hi,

any idea why the I-builds are extremely delayed? There are yet no test
results back to I20081027-0800 and downloads neither available for
I20081027-1800 nor I20081028-0100. For now we test on older build but that
is less than optimal.

Dani

Compagnie IBM France
Siège Social : Tour Descartes, 2, avenue Gambetta, La Défense 5, 92400 Courbevoie
RCS Nanterre 552 118 465
Forme Sociale : S.A.S.
Capital Social : €579.737.103
SIREN/SIRET : 552 118 465 02430