[platform-releng-dev] Wanna be JAR'd?

As you know, we are pushing towards shipping as many plugins as possible as
jars for 3.1.  Our initial goal is to have all the RCP plugins done for M6.
Lots of information on this is available at

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/platform-core-home/documents/3.1/run_from_jars.html

The core team has been running their entire Eclipse installs in this mode
for some time now and we're feeling pretty good about it.  To be sure
however, there are workflows that we have not encountered.  Some of these
may raise issues.  That's where you come in.

We are looking for teams to step up and be JAR'd for the March 22nd
integration build.  We will do all the work and explain to you what is
happening.  You just kick back and let us at some of your files and then
tell us about any problems you or your users encounter.

The Core Team

Back to the top