Re: [platform-releng-dev] Releng Tools changed in Build I20050208-0800

Mike,

Set the version of your plugins to be 1.0.0.qualifier (change the first 3 digits to reflect the reality), add in the build.properties:
        qualifier  = context

Change the feature referring to your plugin to use 0.0.0 instead of the precise version number.

From now on, the version number of your plug-ins will be qualified with the CVS tag where the code is coming from.

PaScaL

Michael Valenta/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: platform-releng-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/14/2005 01:09 PM

Please respond to
platform-releng-dev

platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [platform-releng-dev] Releng Tools changed in Build I20050208-0800

Doug,

The problem is that the RelEng tool is rebuilt on every build whether it changes or not so using the build id doesn't buy you anything. Changing the version is the only way I can see to avoid confusion.

Michael

Douglas Pollock <douglas.pollock@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-releng-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

14/02/2005 12:28 PM

On Monday February 14 2005 11:58 am, Michael Valenta wrote:
> 1) We don't do that for any other plugins we release to the build. Why
> should this one be different? Truth be told, I don't mind doing this but

The only difference is that the file name on disk will be different.  It would
also be acceptable to tag the releng ZIP file with the build id.

So, for example, it is easy to tell I20040214-0800.zip from
I20040214-0927.zip.  It is not easy to tell 3.0.4.zip from 3.0.4.zip.

Dorian's comment about an update site also makes sense to me.

d.