[platform-help-dev] Tools for creating and maintaining help files

Am about to start converting several books worth of html files (100s of
files) into Eclipse ready help content and am wondering what tools
everyone else is using to do this? Have manually done this with a couple
of small books to learn the process but think that there is something I
may be missing to help me do the job more efficiently.

Having looked around, I see that there are several tools to create and
maintain the html files (Dreamweaver, etc.) but can find nothing that
helps me in setting up and maintaining the XML and TOC files for
subsequent updates. So, I'm wondering if this is always a manual
process? If not, what tools and processes do you use to keep your docs
up-to-date and easy to maintain?

Original books are in Adobe FrameMaker and conveted to HTML using
Quadralay's Webworks Publisher. After that, manual intervention appears
to be the only method to convert the HTML to work with Eclipe's help
system.

Please tell me I've missed something that can help.

Thx // frank

Back to the top