Re: [platform-help-dev] Access and error weblogs for infocenter

There is no support for weblog in help system, and server.xml is not used.  Tomcat is used as embedded and is configured from within Java code without all flexibility that stand alone Tomcat may provide.  AccessLogValve is not configured.
If you install Infocenter behind http server or other server, forwarding requests to Infocenter Tomcat port, you can try configuring logging in that server, if it supports that.

Konrad Kolosowski

gloria.s.goyena@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: platform-help-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/06/2005 07:56 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform Help component developers list."

platform-help-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-help-dev] Access and error weblogs for infocenter

Is there a way to have a weblog for infocenter, so that we can see what the
user traffic is and diagnose problems?  I don't know too much about tomcat,
but a co-worker told me about "Access Control Valve" settings in tomcat's
conf/server.xml  file that would create an access log
(http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/valve.html#Access%20Log%20Valve).

I couldn't find a server.xml in org.eclipse.tomcat_4.1.30.  I downloaded
the 4.1.30 version of tomcat from jakarta, copied the server.xml file to
org.eclipse.tomcat_4.1.30/conf, and tried to configure it.  No luck!  I
also couldn't find anything in eclipse.org about logging in infocenter
other than the workspace/.metadata/.log and the catalina logs in
workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.tomcat.

Can you tell me this is at all possible?  If so, what do I have to do to
create an access and error log for infocenter?

Thanks very much!

--Gloria