[platform-help-dev] Help-System problem on Mac OS X

Hi.

I'm not sure, whether I'm on the correct list, please give me a hint when I'm not.

I have very special problem with the Eclipse help system on my Powerbook (and only on the Powerbook):

The help system of Eclipse doesn't work anymore and I don't know why.

The symptoms are:

I select "Help topics" or anything other from the help menu in Eclipse. The browser starts up (any browser on my system tested), but nothing useful happens. The browser downloads a the file "servlet.jsp" - an empty file.

I tested this with Eclipse 2.1.3 and Eclipse 3.0 on Mac OS X 10.3.4. Installed software on the system is:

- XCode Developer Tools (1.2) - I tested 1.5 and removed it after a few hours and reinstalled all developer related stuff

- Java 1.4.2 developer package

- WebObjects 5.2.3 Developer

- Eclipse 3.0 and Eclipse 2.1.3

Has anyone any suggestions? Is the Eclipse help system dependent on anything that should be installed on my system and is perhaps mistakenly deleted? I have not encountered any other problems so far and the "workspace/.metadata/.log" file wasn't helpful.

Thanks,
Guido

Back to the top