From: platform-help-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:platform-help-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Dorian Birsan
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 1:02 PM
To: platform-help-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [platform-help-dev] Eclipse Help in our own Tomcat

Anil,

This mailing list is for help system development. User questions should be asked on the eclipse.platform newsgroup.
Do a search in the online help for how to install the infocenter. It does not need another server, it will use its own.

-Dorian

"Anil Gupta (CyberWeave)" <anil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-help-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/14/2004 12:36 PM

Please respond to
platform-help-dev

<platform-help-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[platform-help-dev] Eclipse Help in our own Tomcat

We need to run our Eclipse Help as another app under our own Tomcat
installation.

I need the latest instructions to install Eclipse Help 3.0 under our own
Tomcat.

I have read the page titled:   Installing the help system as an infocenter

but it seems to refer to outdated files that I cannot find. Example:

In Tomcat 4.0.3 edit tomcat/bin/setclasspath.bat file and after the line:
set CLASSPATH=%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar
insert the line:

set
CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;d:\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.help.webapp_2.0.0\infoc
enter\eclipseurl.jar.
Because of changes to the xml library, remove tomcat\common\lib\xerces.jar,
then edit setclasspath.bat by replacing the line
set JAVA_OPTS=
with
set
JAVA_OPTS=-Xbootclasspath/a:d:\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.xerces_4.0.3\xerce
sImpl.jar;d:\eclipse\plugins\org.apaches.xerces_4.0.3\xmlParserAPIs.jar.

Please tell me how the above instructions should be modified for the latest
Eclipse release.

Anil