Re: [platform-dev] Drop usage of useJDK=BREE?

On Sunday, September 18, 2022, Christoph Läubrich <laeubi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A recent bug in Tycho has reveled that actually the useJDK=BREE option is broken for Java 9+ and instead "only" a release build was performed in contrast to using the "real" JVM.
>
> As no one seem to noticed this for a long time, I wonder if we should simply drop useJDK=BREEom platform builds except for Bundles that require Java 8 and only enable it there (I think its only equinox using Java8?

-1. Let's instead make useJDK=BREE work as expexted. This is an important part to guarantee correct compatibility and requirement declaration, we've just been lucky to not break things in the meantime while this is/was not working, but this check is still desirable.

--
Mickael Istria