Re: [platform-dev] Pull request rejected because "Eclipse project is currently in a code freeze period"

Hi Thomas,

This is frozen during milestone/rc weeks for a few days - these happen every three weeks so I don't think that there is any chance of a branch being made for that. The patch can be merged once the freeze is complete, or even during the freeze period if approved by a committer. For releases the branches are made and master is closed for a reasonably short period of time.

Note that the expectation for Eclipse project committers is to be testing and bugfixing only during that freeze - see https://www.eclipse.org/lists/eclipse-dev/msg11842.html for more details.

I hope that clarifies things, please let us know if you have any questions.
Jonah

~~~
Jonah Graham
Kichwa Coders
www.kichwacoders.com

On Tue, 4 Jan 2022 at 04:24, Thomas Singer <ts-swt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

My pull request was rejected by the Platform Bot with the message

> Build and test are OK, but Eclipse project is currently in a code freeze period.
> Please wait for end of code freeze period before merging.

Wouldn't it be possible to simply fork off a release branch during code
freeze period and allow to continue commits in master?

--
Best regards,
Thomas Singer