[platform-dev] Getting the solution of a P2 resolve operation including missing requirements

I'm currently investigate if it is already possible to get a result from the Projector.invokeSolver call even if the result is not resolvable.

What I want to archive is to resolve a state as if all missing requirements are there (and just reported as such).

For example I have a bundle that is missing an import package, then I get the error:

Software being installed: tycho.bundle 1.0.0.qualifier
Missing requirement: tycho.bundle 1.0.0.qualifier requires 'java.package; my.missing.package 0.0.0' but it could not be found

I now wanted to get two "sets":

1) all resolved items as if the package was not missing
2) all missing requirements (in this case the missing package)

What I could think of is to do this in an incremental way, eg. first try to resolve, then get the missing items and create a new resolver run with a dummy unit providing the missing item and thus keep track of all these dummy items in a list.

I just wanted to make sure that I'm not missing an existing function that already do this.

Back to the top