[platform-dev] Unsigned Content?

Has the platform decided to bypass Orbit to produce IUs directly from some other sources?   I'm not sure how the multiple versions of such IUs on the release train will be (or even can be) coordinated across projects if the general new approach is that each project produces such things purely for its own purpose from whatever sources it deems fit.

Also, the artifacts are not signed, which is the reason that I noticed:

https://download.eclipse.org/oomph/archive/reports/download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.23-I-builds/index.html

Note that once an unsigned version of some specific artifact ID is out there is the wild (in someone's bundle pool), it's extremely hard to stamp it out unless a new version with a new artifact ID is created to supersede it.

Perhaps the platform has decided that PGP signatures are now deemed to be fully secure and fully feature complete such that signatures are obsolete?  This is not the expectation I have based Planning Council discussions.

Back to the top