Re: [platform-dev] [equinox-dev] RFC: Eclipse TLP migration to Github

On Fri, Oct 15, 2021 at 9:09 AM Christoph Läubrich <laeubi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
As I'm always advocated to use Github +1 implied by nomination ;-)

I'd just like to recomment to use the migration process to also merge
some of the related repositories eg, everything relate to jdt in one
repository (same for pde, platform, equinox) as this cluttering of code
makes it hard to create consistent PRs across repository boundaries of
related code.

While I sympathize the goal it's impossible to happen without significant investment on releng and tests improvement sides as it's clearly a non-option to have multi hours verification jobs for each commit. That's why we hope to go for "in between" approach as described in the document. Aka merge few repositories (low hanging fruit) and leave the rest for when we are confident it would not hurt us in CI times and etc. Merging down to 4 repos only is out of question for now.