Re: [platform-dev] Extensibility of the application model

Hi,

Thanks Dirk for bringing the thread; and thanks Dirk&Christoph for clarifying how a MANIFEST header is much more interesting than a service. That is IMO per se a good reason to stick to MANIFEST header and not "regress" to an OSGi service.
So my concern is not any more about the technical aspects, but how this is distributed by the Eclipse project as a fully usable solution: mainly such change requires that documentation and PDE get enhanced to enable this feature to be used efficiently. Such big changes usually require planning ahead to guarantee we can deliver a consistent story about them.
So bottom line is that if you can commit to improving documentation and PDE to properly descibe/support this by 4.20, I personally won't have anything left to be concerned about ;)

Back to the top