Re: [platform-dev] Workspace location, properties and declarative services

> On 23 Mar 2021, at 08:56, Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi Alex,
>
> What about sending out an event via the EventAdmin service once the
> workspace location changes?  We currently have the UI events in e4 via
> the IEventBroker for example for the application start.

The problem is that events published via EventBroker are ephemeral. If an event has been published and then your bundle currently runs, you don’t have a way of picking that up. The EGit integration looks at startup whether the Platform is running or not, and takes different actions based on the assumption that it’s been triggered before/after the event has been released. For services which must be started I think relying on EventAdmin is not the best trigger.

If Eclipse supported the config admin service, you could replace the OSGi Location services that get published with a dynamic config policy, and then have the workspace service depend on a configuration policy being set. As it stands, the Location services are a minimal service wrapper around such configuration with some supporting methods.

Alex

Back to the top