Re: [platform-dev] Parallel Builds

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 1:04 PM Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Can we update the default to ‘true’ or ‘max processors’ or ‘half processors’ or similar, so we can enable it out of the box for every project build type? If not, what’s stoppping us from doing so?

When this feature was introduced some years ago, there were some communication about it asking for people to try it and give feedback. Based on this feedback, we could then decide to change default or not. We didn't receive any substantial feedback and my first impression back then is that because JDT being a bit greedy in scheduling rules, changing default in the IDE didn't make a difference back then. So it has remained as it.
If enough people are willing to try it in their workspace, verify it works as expected, that it creates a performance gain, report any bug they face; then we could decide to change the default based on that feedback.

Back to the top