Re: [platform-dev] Accidental push to eclipse.platform.debug

Thanks all :)

I kicked off a mini build on top of master in platform.debug and it went through successfully, so I will leave the commit as is, and ensure that I don’t make the same mistake in the future …

Alex

On 20 Oct 2020, at 18:00, Sravan K Lakkimsetti <sravankumarl@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We build using https://ci.eclipse.org/releng/view/Builds/job/I-build-4.18/ it is scheduled for 6PM daily.
For test purposes you can build SDK using https://ci.eclipse.org/platform/job/eclipse-aggregator-master/ this will do a full sdk build. But no signing of jars or notarization. Unfortunately this won’t catch version update issues. Useful when you want to verify integration in SDK.

Thanks
Sravan

From: Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 20 October 2020 22:06
To: Eclipse platform general developers list. <platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [platform-dev] Accidental push to eclipse.platform.debug

On 20 Oct 2020, at 17:30, Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 6:23 PM Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I accidentally pushed to master in the platform debug repository in a change that I thought I’d configured for Gerrit:
What’s the process for resolving this commit? Should I commit a revert backing out the change and go through the Gerrit review?

If it's a desirable change, let's just keep it ;)
If not (ie it introduces regression or test issues), I think it's OK if you just push directly a revert commit.

OK … I had built it and then done a git pull, so I’d changed the base. I’m concerned that I may have inadvertently broken the build, particularly if it needed version updates in the manifest etc.

Do you know where the master build branch is? I couldn’t see it obviously on ci.eclipse.org.

Gerrit is highly recommended and brings a lot of quality assessment, but committers are free to bypass it when it seems to be the best path forward (eg if it prevents from upcoming build failures).

If the build is broken, I’ll need to push a revert.

Alex