Re: [platform-dev] Accidental push to eclipse.platform.debug

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 6:23 PM Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I accidentally pushed to master in the platform debug repository in a change that I thought I’d configured for Gerrit:
What’s the process for resolving this commit? Should I commit a revert backing out the change and go through the Gerrit review?

If it's a desirable change, let's just keep it ;)
If not (ie it introduces regression or test issues), I think it's OK if you just push directly a revert commit.
Gerrit is highly recommended and brings a lot of quality assessment, but committers are free to bypass it when it seems to be the best path forward (eg if it prevents from upcoming build failures).
--
Mickael Istria