Re: [platform-dev] Advertising 1 "trivial" bug a week

Hi all,

Thanks Christoph for your answer. I agree with many points. However I'm not sure those should be reasons for not trying it. Maybe it will work, maybe not, but I don't think it can hurt (in worst case, we get people not interested or not able to setup dev environment, but this case is just exactly what happens every day).
After some discussion with some other interested participants -from Red Hat I admit- to the @EclipseJavaIDE account, we decided that although it's likely to be a failure, the cost of this initiative is very small and the risk of making things worse (ie losing contributors) seems null, and the chances of success are small but non-null. Overall, the balance of it all has convinced us it's worth trying.
So I'll soon identify 2 more easy fixes and will tweet about those opportunities to get started contributing once a week starting from next week.
We'll then see whether it does bring some value or not ;)

Cheers,

Back to the top