Re: [platform-dev] backporting and building?
  • From: "Homer, Tony" <tony.homer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2020 00:30:45 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=intel.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=intel.com; dkim=pass header.d=intel.com; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=ytVqMg5T/pFriRkq1mTEjmDzHkSCOcyVo87fE/AcZUQ=; b=mZpt8Y76ODTEKNcpInig8y4P0hkzGFUfdfn3akCHXJ2ILFPqoRS5LNodl537UqKhk9DteofKpbNxnzZ0oPApX9ATl8qj5c3W1Pig7uLAULp2JaGRXi8yCeFhAfZ/ERYqHOGSD28n5zSLSOA2+SKIkWuS/HHudIRomacHgyfEPqzCXKQUFWPAWB0uA1MKeAc/82GWq++YRF/s5fF0lJVumnBTEenxcf2n10SwhleMVOxYhnmWWY2FjRnQt/JLTszndNXyPu+/Zhtk3w/SJ6GJVvBK6IaBP191nGHhE1irBkST5Ne6CptL5HMpjfuXggCcfFGriIdBhzUzURmGL6YVMQ==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=Y7Kkc98GO8Cj52Rwr3q2WcSzQQ8MF4NFCFHOUz+SndVyUhmyvOOTqPfeYa5uWxmau+8dKFVnW1zS4rXa4T4y0FfayOOH4VG9FIX9650zljF1ZVmr8e7EwJYoB1gjoDJU7Gcn6yhnGnJ+8xCu/3nQoUIOxnSrt4O1HG1l2D6iqotlDf+NwNRPzwWpMn54QJtrJaX2kuSNqs4iFF3Q0JfAAuUxYs5WnLRcHAq8ozt6JPIZk/VUaIdmGsINJt2CgyjJaD6He+60EMP6GmrxfPkP5U8LMGYW5EFV8h0X3ZVRKc82eWkfL7rVE18mAP2wVmX8mwVo7jTwInPp3tDSEXV0Fw==

Hi Jonah-

Thanks for the suggestions and clarifications.

Yes, I did have the wrong link – I only read the commit message and didn’t notice that the change was only for the tests.  After I realized that, I went ahead with my own changes in which I replaced all the instances of ant 1.10.7 with the 1.10.8.qualifier that is in Orbit for 2020-06.  So far I have not succeeded in completing a local build, but I haven’t spent that much time on it, yet.  I’m not sure if I should be building with Java 8 or Java 11 – I tried with both and had different problems with each.

>> If you are building your own app, your app probably has its own .target or equivalent in the pom file and in that file you can point at the new orbit (2020-06), along with the older platform (4.15) version.

I did try this, pretty much exactly as you suggest in my product’s target, but the exact version of ant is hard-coded in the platform feature, so my build failed:

[ERROR] Missing requirement: org.eclipse.platform.feature.group 4.15.0.v20200305-0155 requires 'org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu; org.apache.ant [1.10.7.v20190926-0324,1.10.7.v20190926-0324]' but it could not be found

Before I go back to attempting a local build, I’m going to try what I understand as Christoph Läubrich’s suggestion to just swap out the version of Ant after the build.  I’m not sure if the version requirements get checked at runtime, but it’s an easy thing to try.

Again, thank you for taking the time to respond!

Tony Homer