Re: [platform-dev] Concerns about org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.httpclient45

This assumes that the problem really is httpclient's fault, which is kind of questionable given how widely used that library is. I'd also be concerned about all the problems such as proxy authentication and so on that have been carefully ironed out over the years that would need to start from scratch.   Also, perhaps we'd lose many features, such as a connection pool to speed things up.   It's a big open question...