Re: [platform-dev] stalebug spam

Hi Lars

>  Changing the title of the bug is to my knowledge not possible.
Why not? It's a bot that does the work and I am pretty sure it could add [stale] to the summary.

> We are in a RC freeze phase currently so I figured now is a good time.
I disagree because due to this I might now miss an important bug that needs e.g. an approval.

Dani

From:        Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        "Eclipse platform general developers list." <platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        27.11.2019 14:14
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: [platform-dev] stalebug spam
Sent by:        platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Andrey,

I'm doing these "mark as stale" bug cleanup since a while and this
work has almost reached it end. Changing the title of the bug is to my
knowledge not possible.

We are in a RC freeze phase currently so I figured now is a good time.

But a good idea to announce it upfront, I plan to do this the next time.

Good news is that these mass changes will become less and less over
time as our stalebug boot will cleanup the rest.

Best regards, Lars

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 2:00 PM Andrey Loskutov <loskutov@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I received over ~800 mails from bugzilla today with "This bug hasn't had any activity in quite some time" etc.
>
> I have *no way* to filter the mails with my mail provider, so I can only delete *every* mail from bugzilla-daemon@xxxxxxxxxxx, but this will also delete all the other mails I *want* to receive.
>
> Can we please:
>
> 1) announce this spam attacks upfront
> 2) run them in some time where not much other development happens (over the weekend or at night)
> 3) add some keyword to the changed bug title like [stalebug], so that one can see on the message title already that this is spam *without* the need to read the message body.
>
> Today I have to spent at least 1/2 hour of my work time to manually check if my mailbox contains some real mails between all this spam. This is insane.
>
> Kind regards,
> Andrey Loskutov
>
> Спасение утопающих - дело рук самих утопающих

https://www.eclipse.org/user/aloskutov

Eclipse Platform project co-lead
CEO vogella GmbH

Haindaalwisch 17a, 22395 Hamburg