From:        "Langer, Christoph" <christoph.langer@xxxxxxx>
To:        "platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        18/10/2019 03:46 AM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] [platform-dev] Is it possible to replace a single plugin in an existing Eclipse installation?
Sent by:        platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

this is really a beginners question which you’ll probably laugh about. But let me ask nevertheless…

When I’ve made a modification to an Eclipse Platform Plugin via the Eclipse developer IDE and I have exported the plugin with the export wizard, how can I deploy it to an existing Eclipse installation? So far, I used the manual approach to replace the jar file which I looked up in the plugins folder of the target installation. But isn’t there a more elegant way, e.g. something like “Install/Update software”?

Thanks

Christoph