Re: [platform-dev] Gerrit submit strategy changed

On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 1:14 PM Karsten Thoms <karsten.thoms@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
There was recently discussion to change the Gerrit submit strategy to „Rebase if Necessary“ [1].

I might have overseen it, but obviously this is now in place. I just recognised this when I just went to one of the simple UI changes I already +1’ed and thought already „Oh no, there was another build meanwhile and I have to do the "rebase - build -wait - rebase“ loop. But no, this time no merge conflicts anymore and no more waiting for another hour for a build. What a relief!

Long story short: THANK YOU for changing this!

You're welcome :). Happier contributors is our goal as PMC.
For the record - approved last week by the PMC and change applied by webmaster at end of last week.

~Karsten

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/lists/eclipse-pmc/msg03776.html