[platform-dev] Transition of p2 Repositories from 4.13 to 4.14

The transition period between the point time when one release cycle shuts down (2019-09/4.13) and the next one begins (2019-12/4.14) is always kind of problematic.  At some point I need to prepare the Oomph setups for the release and the start of next cycle, and given 4.14 is "open" it's an awkward transition.

In particular, at this point in time http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.13 is empty (except for categories, but nothing is in those categories) so that's in a useless state.  And while http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.13-I-builds still exists, it will be deleted soon, so references to it will need to change to the released 4.13 site (and it contains very recent builds that are likely newer than the actual release build which makes it feel unstable to me).  Eventually a repository like http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.12/R-4.12-201906051800 will be created for the 4.13 release, but that doesn't exist yet for 4.13.   I imagine it will be created soon so that it can be mirrored properly before the release date.

So  question for the platform release engineers: What is the schedule for creating the 4.13 release repository in its final permanent location?

Back to the top