[platform-dev] Is anybody monitoring new bug reports and forum posts?

Hi all,

Lately I have been monitoring new bugs on Eclipse Platform, and the various Community Forums related to Platform. There seems to be little to no focus on these subjects.

Eclipse Platform is (especially IDE) is gets many bug reports for other projects. Nobody is triaging these bug such that they move quickly to the correct project. Some recent examples:
- Bug 550284 - No JadClipse menu option under Window/Preferences/Java
- Bug 550071 - Generating autocomplete from XSD crashes Eclipse
- Bug 549951 - No Default Proposals error inside Java/JSP command inside tag

A similar situation applies to the Eclipse Community Forums, even trivial questions do not get answers, for example:
- https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1100201/

I know it takes a lot of time if one person has to do this all. But as a community, I think we should be better, otherwise this will be bad for the overall reputation of the whole Eclipse Eco-system.

Best Regards,
Rolf

Back to the top