[platform-dev] [SWT] Input method switching

Hello,

I'm researching a bug that involves the input method switching mechanism in SWT. You can see an example of this by right clicking anywhere in a Java editor (on Linux), and observing the "Input Methods" menu item and sub-menu.

On Linux this type of input switching isn't supported anymore -- input methods are supposed to be changed using the global input selection (part of the desktop environment). The code we have in SWT for this is quite ancient to the point where I doubt it even works anymore.

My question: is this a thing on Windows and Mac? AFAICT it's not API, it seems to be a platform implementation detail.

Eric Williams
Software Engineer - Eclipse/SWT Team
Red Hat

Back to the top