Re: [platform-dev] Regarding SWT patch reviews

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 4:38 PM Niraj Modi <niraj.modi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All,
In order to speed up the patch review cycle, we have framed a checklist of testing that's needed against an SWT patch submitted for review.
Here is the complete list that needs to be associated with the patch:

The list looks very reasonable. I've tried to condense it a bit:
  •  Clearly specify the intended behavior change.
  •  List SWT Snippets and Examples that best demonstrate the change and help with testing.
  •  Test the change thoroughly across applicable platforms and versions. (Windows: 7 and 10, macOS: the latest, Linux: ???)
  •  New API should come with tests. Due to buildbot limitations, test must be in a separate change request.
  •  Use Eclipse self-hosted mode to verify changes that affect Eclipse behavior.
Please tell me if I missed or misunderstood anything.

Best regards,
Nikita Nemkin

Back to the top