Re: [platform-dev] Help needed: How to do changes in org.eclipse.help.webapp?

On Thu, Apr 11, 2019 at 6:20 PM Becker, Matthias <ma.becker@xxxxxxx> wrote:

yet that‘ exactly what I did.  And yes, it works this way.

Out of curiosity, what do you plan to do there? I dislike the way it looks and feel but never found the time for more than minor annoyances fixes.

Thanks for the quick help.

From: <platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Aleksandar Kurtakov <akurtako@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, 11. April 2019 at 15:22
To: "Eclipse platform general developers list." <platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [platform-dev] Help needed: How to do changes in org.eclipse.help.webapp?

On Thu, Apr 11, 2019 at 4:18 PM Becker, Matthias <ma.becker@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear platform devs,

I want to make some experiments with the HTML-Document that is used for the Eclipse Help (Help > Help Content).

I see there are a bunch of jsp files org.eclipse.help.webapp. When I make changes to them I don’t see them when opening the Help-Content.

Are there additional “manual” steps needed before they get visible?

I assume you start child eclipse with o.e.help.webapp in your workspace and in this child eclipse and you don't see any changes?

This is how I did experiments with it last time I did it.

Regards,

Matthias

Alexander Kurtakov

Red Hat Eclipse Team