Re: [platform-dev] J2SE 1.4 Execution Environment

Typically we don't change the minimum execution environment unless we have a need for it. However much of the platform has already moved to Java 5 minimum so I think that would be quite reasonable here.

John

Joseph D Carroll Jr <jdsalingerjr@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/30/2012 11:43 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse platform general developers list."        <platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-dev] J2SE 1.4 Execution Environment

Would anyone happen to know why the platform-debug plugins have an execution environment of J2SE 1.4?  I am beginning work on porting the Console view to a pure e4 MPart and ran into some compile errors relating to the J2SE 1.4 requirement.  I can work around these issues, however since I am doing some work here anyways, I wasn't sure if this was something that should be updated.  (say to 1.5 or 1.6)

Unless I am missing something (which I might be) there are relatively few code changes necessary to update the execution environment.  All of the changes I found deal with simple casting errors (several of Boolean val = (Boolean) someString;).  IIRC, in all, the changes affected ~10 total lines of code.

Is this something that should be looked into?

Thanks,

platform-dev mailing list
platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx