[platform-dev] How to build 3.2 with 3rd-party GTK+ libs?

While Solaris 9 and 10 come with the GTK+ libraries in /usr/lib, older
versions do not. So, I built GTK+ in /opt and would like to build
Eclipse solaris-gtk-sparc on Solaris 8. How do I get the Eclipse build
process to recognize the GTK+ libraries in /opt?

I would also like to hardcode the runtime path to the GTK+ libraries
(-R on Solaris, -rpath on Linux) for the "eclipse" binary. How do I do
that at build time?

This would also be useful for getting the HP-UX and AIX builds to use
GTK+ as well.

--
albert chin (china@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

Back to the top