Re: [platform-dev] Why aren't my errors in the task list

(Hi Cornell--looks like we both found the eclipse groups...)

I think maybe the doc is out of date. The help with 3.0.0 (200406192000) does say it displays "System-generated errors, warnings, or information associated with a resource. These are typically produced by builders. For example, if you save a Java source file that contains syntax errors, the errors will automatically be logged in this view."

However, I typically find these errors in the Problems view (Window | Show View | Problems if it isn't showing) and the Tasks view shows either collected tasks from the source (e.g. comments marked with "TODO", etc) or manually-added tasks.

dwh

Sternbergh, Cornell wrote:

Problem:
I'd loaded our existing Java code into 2.1 (put Java code in
C:\projectName and pointed the new Eclipse project, projectName,
thereto) and observed many warnings (~4500).  This information was in
the Task view.  None were listed, as there were too many.  Filtering to
only the current resource gave a smaller list, which was displayed.  I
could navigate from the list to the appropriate line... all is good.

Upgraded to 3.0, created new Eclipse project, pointing it to
C:\projectName.  I see all the code, when I open a resource in the
editor, I see a bunch of yellow rectangles down the left side
(indicating warnings)  But nothing in the Task view.  Well, there is one
entry, as it happened, in a comment in a class, the string XXX was
placed, the one and only item in the Task view is this XXX, it being a
default Task Tag.

According to the documentation
(org.eclipse.platform.doc.user.I20040619.pdf) errors should go there
automatically.
The filters dialog is the default.
So... where are my errors listed?

Back to the top