[platform-dev] Future Logging Direction in Eclipse

I'll like to find out the recommended way to do logging in Eclipse.

1) Should I be using the Eclipse logger directly?
2) Should I be using log4j plug-ins for logging?  If so, is it possible to pipe the Error Log messages to the log4j output?
3) Should I be using the JDK 1.4 logger?  Is the Eclipse logger following the JDK 1.4 logger specification?  If not, are there plans to change it to follow the specification?
4) Is it possible to log to the server database?

Thanks!

Regards,
Chee Meng

Back to the top