Re: [platform-dev] how to be in synch

The modules defined in CVSROOT/modules file are typically only kept up to date if the development teams that own that section use them. The platform module is definetly out-if-date since it is never used. Instructions on how to build Eclipse itself are available from the Release Engineering (RelEng) team. Try the following link:

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/org.eclipse.releng.eclipsebuilder/readme.html?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/html

Michael

Andrew Gaydenko <a@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

22/01/2004 07:52 AM

Please respond to
platform-dev

platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [platform-dev] how to be in synch

Michael,

1. I have found _common_ instructions how to work with version control
systems. Will you be so kind to point me to section deals with checking
out-building-updating the Eclipse itself?

2. I have tried to checkout the "platform" module. It depends on the
"platform-vcm" module, which is commented out in the CVSROOT/modules file.
Is it a bug?

Thanks,
Andrew