[platform-dev] Building eclipse on Linux PowerPC

Over the weekend I have been trying to build
eclipse2.1.1 and eclipse3.0M2 on my Debian woody
PowerPC.  I have builds that have been declared
"SUCCESSFUL" by ant, but eclipse refuses to start.  I
understand that both versions of eclipse don't support
linux-ppc.  Before I start asking some other
questions, I would like to know what are the absolute
minimum software versions of the non-java specific
items required for the build (I have the most current
Java and ant running on debian).

What version of glibc?
What version of gcc?
What version of motif or gtk2?
And any other item I might need?

Sorry I couldn't find this information searching the
faq (very uninformative) or the mailing list archives.

Thanks,

William