Re: [platform-dev] eclipse on linux ppc

pradermecker@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Dani,

Thanks so much for your reply.

I am just wondering if you get the fact that I am
running linux on a apple hardware.

I do not believe I will manage installing Eclipse on
my linux ppc as I would on linux x86. If I am not
wrong, eclipse is not a java application, is it ? All
the binaries will not work on my motorola processor,
will they?

the only part of eclipse not java is the swt librarys native cde and the application launcher. if you download the linux version you'll find sources for both of them.

i'm not sure how easy it is to get it up running on linux ppc but i can't see any problems.. anyone?

regards

Ulf Holm Nielsen

Back to the top