When a breakpoint is hit your backing model will have to send the proper events (see org.eclipse.debug.core.DebugEvent). So for example, when your model wants to suspend, you would send a DebugEvent.SUSPEND event. Assuming you are extending org.eclipse.debug.core.model.DebugElement, this would be as simple as DebugEvent.fireSuspendEvent(details).

Once suspended the platform will call back for any stack frames and their locations, which will use the default instruction pointer / logic to open the editor and locate the pointer. You can of course override the defaults by having your model presentation implement org.eclipse.debug.ui.IInstructionPointerPresentation.

Michael Rennie

Inactive hide details for rooot ---11/08/2013 09:50:43 AM---Hello! I already asked in eclipse forums, but did not get a responsrooot ---11/08/2013 09:50:43 AM---Hello! I already asked in eclipse forums, but did not get a response. I would

From: rooot <rooot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 11/08/2013 09:50 AM
Subject: [platform-debug-dev] Own Eclipse Debugger Plugin, select active Thread
Sent by: platform-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello!

I already asked in eclipse forums, but did not get a response. I would
need that informations for my bachelor's thesis.

I'm working on an eclipse-debugging plugin, based on
http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-Debugger/how-to.html

My language also supports threads. Therefore I implemented the "public
IThread[] getThreads()" - Method in *DebugTarget.java. Everything
works fine.

But now I have to select the proper thread, when a breakpoint was hit.
(to jump to the right line in the editor)

How do I do that? *DebugTarget.java has no method like: "getActiveThread()".

Thanks for your help!

br
jürgen