Re: [platform-debug-dev] double click listener in Debug View

Thanks for the tip Pawel.

I am also investigating using org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy as Dani mentioned on the call. It looks like OpenStrategy is a one-stop-shop for all your single / double click goodness.

Michael Rennie

Inactive hide details for Pawel Piech ---11/03/2011 05:29:17 PM---Hi Mike, Per the double-click discussion in our meeting this Pawel Piech ---11/03/2011 05:29:17 PM---Hi Mike, Per the double-click discussion in our meeting this morning: CDT

From: Pawel Piech <pawel.piech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Eclipse Platform Debug component developers list." <platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11/03/2011 05:29 PM
Subject: [platform-debug-dev] double click listener in Debug View
Sent by: platform-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Mike,
Per the double-click discussion in our meeting this morning: CDT
registers a double-click listener on the tree view in the following
module:
http://git.eclipse.org/c/cdt/org.eclipse.cdt.git/tree/dsf/org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.ui/src/org/eclipse/cdt/dsf/ui/viewmodel/DefaultVMModelProxyStrategy.java
(line 210).

The idea is to install a jface IDoubleClickListener in the viewer upon
IModelProxy.installed() and to clean it up on IModelProxy.dispose().
The proxy also has to make sure that it owns the element on which the
double-click action was invoked.

One down-side is that this implementation does not work for the breadcrumb.

Cheers,
Pawel