[platform-core-dev] Releasing formatter settings

As you may already know, 3.3 M3 now has support for running things like code formatter and organize imports on editor save.  You can turn it on under Preferences > Java > Editor > Save Participants. I recommend editing the default profile and turning off format comments, since the core formatter conventions have never formatted comments.  Turning this on will make a big mess of your code if you are not using the core formatter and organize import settings:

http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/platform-core/documents/coding_conventions.html

To prevent this happening, I have released the core formatter and organize import settings in the project preference scope for all org.eclipse.core.* projects.  Since we have manually formatted all core projects according to these conventions in the past, this will avoid mangling of your code when you commit changes.

Enjoy!

Back to the top