[platform-core-dev] eclipse.ignoreApp property and "-noExit" argument can't work together

All,

I'm trying Java Web Start deployment with Equinox (Not RCP). In the JNLP file, I set the property eclipse.ignoreApp=true. Also I appended the "-noExit" argument to the main class. Just like below.

  <application-desc main-class="org.eclipse.core.launcher.WebStartMain">
    <argument>-nosplash</argument>
    <argument>-noExit</argument>
  </application-desc>

  <resources>
    <!-- Reference to the startup.jar. This does not change -->
    <jar href="">

    <property
        name="eclipse.ignoreApp"
        value="true"/>

The problem is the argument "-noExit" doesn't work. After check the code, I notice WebStartMain.main () mehtod calls System.exit(), which makes the web start application terminated. I wonder if osgi.noShutdown property should be checked before calling System.exit().

--
Best Regards,

Jason Hao

Back to the top