[platform-core-dev] Fw: Commit comment format for reporting of bugs

As per Tod's note below to the platform-ui mailing list, we should follow
the same format. I don't believe the "generate build notes" tool is readily
available yet, but in preparation we should adopt consist commit comments.
The tool itself will be available soon.

If you have the bug id in the comment, then the tool will find it and do a
lookup in bugzilla to get the summary for the build notes. Therefore, any
of the following comments should work:
- Fix for bug 12345 - Startup issues
- Fix for bug 12345
- bug 12345 - Startup issues
- bug 12345
- 12345  - Startup issues
- 12345
- Today I found a really neat fix for bug 12345 and eclipse is ten times
faster now

Please try and use the associated bug id when releasing code so the tool
will work correctly. If not, then you can update the build notes file
manually. :-)

Thanks.

http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/platform-ui-dev/msg03070.html

> [platform-ui-dev] Commit comment format for reporting of bugs
>
> As many of you have noticed the Platform UI team has been generating the
> list of fixed bugs each build and posting a message to this list after we

> submit the map file. This list is generated using the soon to be released

> "Generate Build Notes" option in the releng tool.
>
> Any revision with a comment of the form Fix for Bug 12345 xxxx
description
> will be used to generate this list which we hope will be a lot of help to

> the members of the  community who wish to track our work. Please be sure
> to use this format to ensure your fixes get reported. The easiest way to
> get this format is to copy the top line of Bugzilla report and to paste
it
> into the commit dialog.

Back to the top