[platform-core-dev] How to use EFS FTP Example

Hi,
        I'm experimenting with the FTP file system example plugin
        org.eclipse.core.filesystem.ftp. However, I meet some problem.
        1. Create a local project, e.g. TestFtpFilesystem
        2. Create a file with the New File Wizard. Check "link file to
        the file
        system", and in the location field, enter ftp://ftp.leo.org/WEL
        COME.TXT. Finish the wizard.
        3. An icon that represents the file WELCOME.TXT appears in the
        project.
        Have a look at .project, the linked resource is there
        <linkedResources>
        <link>
        <name>WELCOME.TXT</name>
        <type>1</type>
        <locationURI>ftp%3A/ftp.leo.org/WELCOME.TXT</locationURI>
        </link>
        </linkedResources>
        4. The icon for WELCOME.TXT has a ! sign which probably
        indicates that
        the file is not accessible. Click on WELCOME.TXT, the file can
        not be
        opened.

        Anybody knows how to run the ftp example correctly?

        Regards,
        Tianchao Li

Back to the top