[platform-core-dev] GCJ/GIJ Support in Core Runtime

Hi All,

I was wondering whether anyone has attempted any sort
of integration between eclipse's runtime and gcj/gij
from the GNU GCC project?

Instead of support JIT/Hotspot, the decision the team
has made is to support an "Ahead of Time" compile,
which is capable of converting JARs into .so/dll,
which can be put into the classpath of the gij JVM to
provide machine-level optimized code.

Would it be possible for me to create a fragment on
the eclipse core runtime to allow me to provide a way
to short-circuit the plugin class loader to attempt to
load the class from the .so/dll instead of the JAR?
Has anyone ever attempted something like this?

Any information about this sort of thing would be
great. I'm new to the internals of the eclipse
runtime.

Thanks,
Chris