Re: [platform-core-dev] Latest autorefresh build

This is great.  A few comments re packaging.

The zip
=======
- The zip seems to include a bunch of other directories which look empty
and appear unrelated.

Fragments
=========
- The platform supports the loading of different jars depending on the OS,
WS, ARCH you are running at the time.  You can use this to chose a fragment
implementation without having to delete non-applicable fragments.  Your
setup can be recast as follows:
In the com.example.autorefresh:
- add the following the the <runtime> seciton of the plugin.xml
      <library name="$os$/monitor.jar">
            <export name="*"/>
      </library>

In com.example.autorefresh.win32:
- remove the <runtime> statement
- move win32.jar to win32/monitor.jar

In com.example.autorefresh.linux:
- remove the <runtime> statement
- move linux.jar to linux/monitor.jar

If you want to get fancier, you can mix in architecture for the shared
linux libraries since linux runs on many different machines.

The only other thing you need is to make sure that your code handles the
case where a registered monitor factory cannot be instantiated.  This will
happen if you have both fragments installed on the same machine.  Both will
register monitor factory extensions but only one will actually work.  Of
course, your code handles this well anyway.  Right :-)

Update
=======
- consider packaging this as a feature and putting it on an update site.

Jeff

                      Jed Anderson
                      <jed_anderson@xxxxxxxxxx        To:       platform-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      >                               cc:
                      Sent by:                        Subject:  [platform-core-dev] Latest autorefresh
                      platform-core-dev-admin@         build
                      eclipse.org

                      02/07/2003 05:03 PM
                      Please respond to
                      platform-core-dev

See the attached file.  I have excluded the tests this time, if you would
like them please email me.

To install:
Unzip into your plugins directory and delete the fragments that do not
apply to you.

jkca

#### autorefresh_20030207.zip has been removed from this note on February
09 2003 by Jeff McAffer

Back to the top