[platform-core-dev] RE: Special notification rules need for move/rename/delete hooks?

	Yes, this is the kind of behavior I want to end up
with.  I know the move/rename/delete hooks are restricted
in what they can do and:

a)  wanted to use an existing mechanism, if possible
b)  wanted to conform to the restrictions on hooks
c)  wanted the approach to be "blessed" by core experts

	So it sounds like there is no existing, generic
mechanism that we can use.  We'll have to invent something
like you did for CVS, right?
	Thanks!
				Peter

> To: platform-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: RE: [platform-core-dev] Re: Special notification
> rules need for m	ove/rename/delete
>  hooks?
> From: Michael_Valenta@xxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 13:07:58 -0500
>
> This is a multipart message in MIME format.
> --=_alternative 00639AB185256CBC_=
>
> Peter,
>
> We have similar requirements with the CVS plugin. We
> basically implemented
> our own notification mechanism which is used to ensure our
> decorators are
> up-to-date. We make use of the move/delete hook, resource
> deltas and CVS
> operations to determine what change have taken place. From
> these entry
> points, we determine all the resources whose CVS sync state
> has changed
> and manually trigger a decorator refresh for these resources.
>
> Is this the type of mechanism you are talking about?
>
> Michael

Back to the top