RE: [platform-ant-dev] Compiler Problem

Question for both Mark and Dave, are you running on a real JDK or just a JRE?  The theory is that the tools.jar (which contains the javac code) is not ending up on the class path.  The only real issue I can imagine is that you are running a JRE and JRE's don't come with tools.jar.  Can you confirm?

As you've noted, if you use the workaround then the ant scripts don't work outside Eclipse.    You should on ly have to set the build.compile property if you explicitly want to use the Eclipse (JDT) compiler.

Jeff

"Mark Ayad" <mayad@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-ant-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/15/2001 11:51 AM