[photran] Refactor Renaming Help

Greetings,

I'm trying out Photran's refactoring tools on some old code that I've inherited, but I'm have intermittent trouble with the Rename function. For example, I have a line like this pretty early in the declarations of a major module:

  INTEGER :: nouv,niv,nivi,ndmpr,ndmpw

all declared in the same place (right there) and used in similar places around the code. If I try to use the Refactor->Rename tool on the last 3 variables, it works just fine and goes through and all is well, but if I try it on the first two, it gives me "A fatal error has occured while performing refactoring." "nouv cannot be renamed: It would require modifying an INCLUDE file ("nouv" (line 103, column 18))." There aren't any external dependencies outside the project files, the source directory is the only directory in the "INCLUDE folders" list under Refactoring settings, so the only files I could see it trying to change are the project files (which I assumed was the whole point of refactoring).

Can you give me some idea as to what I should be looking for that would cause this error? Something that makes the first two varables fail and the last 3 work?

Thanks,

Aaron

--
Aaron Oaks
Nuclear, Plasma, and Radiological Engineering

Email: aoaks2@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.aaronoaks.com/

Back to the top