[photran] Cannot set breakpoint in Fortran application

Hi,
I cannot set breakpoints when I create a Fortran project in Eclipse, using Debug As/Local Fortran. There is 'none available' under Run/Breakpoint types, and neither double clicking nor right click in the margin gives an option for setting breakpoints. Otherwise, the build and debug proceed without error messages or warnings for the simple test program, and create the expected output. For comparison, I don't have any problems setting breakpoints when I create a C project in Eclipse. * The Fortran project was created as: New Fortran project - Makefile Project/Demo Hello World, Toolchain: GCC Fortran, debug gdb/mi. The makefile looks like this (and removing the -O2 does not help either):

FORTRAN_COMPILER = gfortran

all: src/testF.f90
    $(FORTRAN_COMPILER) -O2 -g \
        -o bin/testF \
        src/testF.f90

clean:
    rm -f bin/testF *.mod

System and programs: Linux Ubuntu 12.04.3. Eclipse for Parallel Application Developers - Version 1.5.0.20120614-1633. It has Photran plug-in, and I work in a Fortran perspective. gcc version 4.6.3.

Any hints are greatly appreciated! I have not used IDEs much and never with Fortran before.
Thanks!
Maria

Back to the top