Re: [pdt-dev] Server Launch Dialog for branch

pdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 03/12/2007 13:48:25:

> Hi Dave,
>
> On Dec 3, 2007 2:08 PM, Dave Kelsey <d_kelsey@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi, I have been testing the new path mapping support with xdebug,
> and it is looking pretty good. I have noticed an issue with the
> Server launch dialog for branch PDT 1.0.2 (R1_0_2_20071125) which I
> am assuming is the next PDT release.
> >
> > If I have AutoGenerate unchecked, changing the file or changing
> the server still updates the URL (but only when the entry for file
> matches the selected file in the dialog)
> >

> > So for example if File is specified as "/PhpCode/guessingWeb.php"
> >
> > and my URL is "http://localhost:8080/"   "/PhpCode/guessingWeb.php"
> >
> > changing either the server or the file will replace the file
> section of the URL. If my URL was something like
> >
> > "http://localhost:8080/"   "index.php"
> >
> > then it doesn't change. Is this expected behaviour as it did catch
> me out. I would like to for example be able to change the server,
> but not have it update the file part of the URL.
>
> When "Auto-generate" is unchecked changing Server should affect only
> on host-name part of the URL.
> Moreover, changing the File shouldn't change anything in the URL when
> "Auto-generate" is unchecked.
> Can you verify that you are running an updated version? (HEAD)

I wasn't using HEAD but the R1_0_2_20071125, which I am assuming is the version that will be PDT 1.0.1 M1
I just tried looking at HEAD, but it seems there are some compilation problems with org.eclipse.php.server.ui
at present. Looks like ServerLaunchConfigurationTab.java has no code in it.

> > The other issue I have is that I would really like AutoGenerate to
> have the option to include the project as part of the URL path.
> >

> Do you think it should be an additional option (to the
> "Auto-generate") or project name should be prepended to the path by
> default?

I think it should be an additional option as it will depend on how people setup their webservers

Thx
Dave Kelsey

Unless stated otherwise above: