Re: [pdt-dev] Memory usage?

On 8/20/07, Lukasz Ochoda <lochoda@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think that it is problem with Java. Eclipse, Zend Studio, Firefox and
> other java based application use a lot of memory… However I can see that if
> your machine needs more memory, than Java starts cleaning up unused memory.

Yes, I'm fully aware that Java is kind of excessive when it comes to
memory usage, but I'd like to stress here that Eclipse usually doesn't
give me any problems (I also do some Java programming from time to
time). It's really with PDT that I'm having massive memory leaks. And
no, the memory never gets cleared. It just grows and grows until I get
too much swapping and have to restart it.

(And BTW Firefox is not Java)
--
- SR

Back to the top