Re: [pde-dev] How can we improve the PDE build out of eclipse?

Hi Kai,

Thanks for your interest.
Refactoring without specific goals usually don't lead to worthy results.
Before hacking the code, I think the best first step would be that you open multiple specific tickets to https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=PDE describing the things you find hard in PDE, and suggest on those tickets specific things to enhance. From here, we'll be able to discuss the proposal, and then to direct you to the place in the code base where your specific can be implemented.

Also, on a more general note, what makes you use PDE/Build instead of Tycho?

Thanks in advance.

Back to the top